For a complete list of my papers, and publication information
for the ones here, please see my
If you have access to MathSciNet, you can retrieve the
Reviews of my papers.
Some of the papers below are also available (in more formats)
from the eprint
An index of my CS-related papers can be found in
Geometric Knot Theory
- The Thick Clasp;
Nov 2001; revised Feb 2003
- On the Minimum Ropelength of Knots and Links,
with Jason Cantarella and Rob Kusner;
Sep 9, 1999; revised Mar 30, 2001
- The Second Hull of a Knotted Curve,
with Jason Cantarella and Greg Kuperberg and Rob Kusner;
May 5, 2000; revised Jan 2003
- Tight Knot Values Deviate from Linear
with Jason Cantarella and Rob Kusner; Sep 21, 1997
- On Distortion and Thickness of Knots,
with Rob Kusner; Nov 14, 1996, revised Jan 17, 1997
- Möbius-Invariant Knot Energies,
with Rob Kusner; Oct 31, 1997
- Isotropic Plateau Polyhedra,
with Sascha Hilgenfeldt, Andy Kraynik and Doug Reinelt;
- Pressures in Periodic Foams,
with Denis Weaire, Norbert Kern, Simon J. Cox and Frank Morgan;
- Tomographic Imaging of Foam,
with Fetterman, Tan, Ying, Stack, Marks, Feller, Cull, Munson,
Thoroddsen and Brady; Aug 28, 2000
- Foam Evolution: Experiments and Simulations;
Aug 9, 2000
- New Tetrahedrally Close-Packed Structures;
Jun 2, 2000; revised Sep 14, 2000
- The Geometry of Bubbles and Foams;
Sep 12, 1997; revised Nov 2, 1997
- Comparing the Weaire-Phelan Equal-Volume Foam
to Kelvin's Foam; Dec 1995
- Open Problems in Soap Bubble Geometry,
with Frank Morgan; collected August 1995
- Making "The Optiverse": A Mathematician's Guide
to AVN, a Real-Time Interactive Computer Animator;
with George Francis and Stuart Levy; 2001.
- "The Optiverse" and Other Sphere Eversions;
May 3, 1999
- Computing Sphere Eversions,
with George Francis and Chris Hartman; Aug 21, 1997, revised Oct 1, 1997
- The Minimax Sphere Eversion,
with George Francis, Rob Kusner, Ken Brakke, Glenn Chappell, and Chris Hartman;
- ALICE on the Eightfold Way:
Exploring Curved Spaces in an Enclosed Virtual Reality Theater,
Dec 2001; revised Feb 2003.
- Curvature Measures for Discrete Surfaces,
- Cubic Polyhedra,
with Chaim Goodman-Strauss,
May 11, 2002.
- Rescalable Real-Time Interactive Computer Animations,
Jan 12, 2001.
- Dynamic Skin Triangulation,
with Cheng, Dey and Edelsbrunner;
Jul 12, 2000; revised Jan 6, 2001.
- Minimizing the Squared Mean Curvature
Integral for Surfaces in Space Forms,
with Lucas Hsu and Rob Kusner, 1992.
- Polygon in Triangle:
Generalizing a Theorem of Post; Sep 1996; revised Nov 1996.
- Convex Deltahedra in All Dimensions and
Polyhedral Soap Films; Oct 1994; revised Nov 1995.
- Generating and Rendering Four-Dimensional Polytopes; 1990.
- A Crystalline Approximation Theorem
for Hypersurfaces; October 1990.
- Computing hypersurfaces which minimize
surface energy plus bulk energy; January 1993.
- Sphere Packings Give an Explicit Bound
for the Besicovitch Covering Theorem; June 1994.
- Visualization of soap bubble geometries,
with Fred Almgren, 1991.