AMS Special Session
- 9:30 Konrad Polthier, TUBerlin:
- "Discrete minimal surfaces on non-conforming triangulations"
- 10:15 Chaim Goodman-Strauss, Arkansas:
- "Conjectured minimal surfaces derived from Hamiltonian polyhedra in the cubic lattice"
- 3:00 Ken Brakke, Susquehanna:
- "Instability of the wet cube cone soap film"
- 3:45 Ailana Fraser, Courant:
- "On the free-boundary variational problem for minimal disks"
- 4:30 George Kamberov, WashU:
- "The Willmore energy of quaternionic line bundles"
- 5:15 Frank Pacard, Paris:
- "Connected sums of constant mean curvature surfaces in Euclidean 3-space"
- 9:30 Jason Cantarella, UPenn:
- "Optimal contact structures"
- 10:15 Jianguo Cao, NotreDame:
- "Domains with least perimeter for given area, in surfaces of variable curvature"
Each speaker is scheduled for a 30-minute talk, with five
more minutes for questions. For abstracts, please see the online
for the meeting.